Saturday, December 16, 2017

I just recieved a wonderful Christmas card from Professor Medrano-Bigas in Barcelona! It's the Michelin ad from exactly 100 years ago!



You may not recall what the significance is of Prof Pau in Barcelona, it's been a while since I posted about him, http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2016/02/the-michellin-mascot-bibendum-was.html  he did a 4 volume thesis on the advertising of Michelin and Bibendum!

and I'm so amazed at that amount of research, and collecting and processing of the ads and keeping a context and analysis of the ads in the greater scope of a thesis. I still hope to see it all, and if I can, share it here.

If you've only recently started reading along with this blog, take a quick look at this post, http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2016/03/bibendum-from-several-artists-always.html  to see the astonishing variety of the ads that Michelin did 80-100 years ago with their rubber tube man, Bibendum, and you'll see why I'm a fan of the genre!

No comments:

Post a Comment