Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Compliment of the year.... I was just given the "Best Car Blogger of 2017" honor!

Scott who makes OffTheThrottle.com (whoa, he's a .com guy who like blogs! Dang!)
did he best of list for 2017 (hey, wait, did I make the list last year, or ever make his list before?)

And wow, he really placed some incredibly good bloggers in the top 10,
Grease Girl, the BMW Blog, Bangshift, Car Blog Malaysia, Don't Get Wrenched, Rolf's Import, Frank's Classic Car Blog, Corvette Blogger, and The View Through The Windshild

But he was really impressed with what I've been doing. He said "Most of this stuff is about classics, rare cars and history. There’s a lot of cool black and white photography, super obscure car parts and memorabilia. There are a few news stories thrown in, some opinion pieces, things that readers send in, and pictures from events. He also covers more than cars, posting about trains, planes, and anything involving the military. It’s an absolutely fascinating blog which you can easily get lost in for hours." 

https://offthethrottle.com/top-10-automotive-and-car-bloggers-writers-you-need-to-be-reading/

Well, shucks... he's remembered that some time ago, I can't recall how long ago, he emailed me and said he was a long time fan, and since I hear that normally followed by "so can I write a guest post" which are always the clue that everything before the word "so" was bogus... I blew it off and said "prove it"

How about that. He sure did.

So I humbly bow, and tip my hat to Scott! Thank you sir! 

12 comments:

  1. Congratulation's are in order!
    Huzzah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well......if that isn't a feather for your fedora. Congratulations....anybody can learn something from your posts. ALL are informative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Maybe not all,... some are just for laughs, and some are just art> I hope that most are at least enjoyable, or easily ignored!

      Delete
    2. edit, not "or easily ignored" but most are at least enjoyable, and the rest I hope are easily ignored

      Delete
  3. You deserve it, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Enjoyable" is your secret weapon. Always interesting even if never been particularly interested in the topic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a mighty good trait in a variety website! thanks!

      Delete
  5. I agree with the positive comments...I also have to be careful when I start reading your blog...I do get involved..for hours!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, then I'm onto something! If I ever get better at it, I bet I'd be able to charge money to let you go, and give you time to go to work and sleep! I wouldn't charge to read, just to stop!

      Delete