Saturday, October 03, 2015

Old guys connecting with young guys while fixing up a Duster for SEMA, and during the build, learning a lot from each others generation


This awesome group is all about getting the local kids in their area into the car hobby and teaching them skills and work ethic.

Doing everything to finish it in time to go to CA to the Hotchkis Event at the Auto Club Speedway October 16th - 18th. The best part about it is that they will get to drive the car with the Hotchkis team coaching them the whole way through it and explaining to them why the car is performing the way it does.





https://www.facebook.com/RebuildingGenerations  http://rebuildinggenerations.com/about-us/

3 comments:

  1. My favorite Duster....the 1972 (Great looking taillights!) I've owned (3) '72 Duster 340's. They're awesome cars!

    Often ignored, mostly due to the compression drop from 1971's 10.5-1 to 8.5-1, and lack of a rallye dash cluster. Speedo only went to 120, where the previous years had a 150 mph speedometer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Petty, I had a couple of Dusters too, and I loved them. They weren't anything fancy mind you, just the old slant six. But boy did they do good on the gas mileage for the time. I had a '70 and then a '71. I wish I had one now.

      Delete
    2. Currently one of my daily drivers is a '73 Scamp ~ Slant 6 ~ 20-25 mpg. It's nothing fancy either. Green with a black vinyl top.

      I never cared for the '70-'71 tail lights. But I really liked everything about my Dusters. The handled well, built very solid. At the same time I had the Dusters I also owned a couple of 'Cuda's...and those things were ill-handling, and rattled like a mid-70's Camaro. I don't really see the fascination everyone has with the '70-'71 'Cuda. I'm a Mopar guy, and I think they're junk when compared to an A-body or B-body.

      Delete