Friday, October 30, 2015

Barnfind Superbird was supposed to be at SEMA, but never made it




pulled out of New York where a guy had 4 Superbirds, this one was stored since and the new owner never got around to working on it. Now it's at Icon. They are restoring another Superbird, and it's in bare metal at the moment

http://www.hotrod.com/cars/barn-finds/1510-sema-show-2016-spy-shots-plymouth-superbird-barn-find-project/



http://www.hotrod.com/news/1510-have-you-ever-seen-a-winged-warrior-in-bare-steel-try-icons-1970-plymouth-superbird/

2 comments:

  1. In the early 70's there was a Plymouth dealer in Illinois that had the nose pieces and rear wings off two or three Superbirds in the back of the parts department. Unable to sell the 'birds to their conservative clientele they sold them as normal Plymouths! If I had known then what I know now I would have bought the take-offs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you remember the town, or the dealership's name? I have a crap-load of Winged car ads. I'll check my stash to see if I have where they advertised the cars new.

      Delete