Monday, May 04, 2015

Australians... did not make this commercial



Above is the video I watched, and did not post due to it's low resolution (240 pixels)
Below is the video I picked to post, and did not watch again, because it has 480 pixels, and since it's the same commercial, and I have a lot to post each day, I don't scrutinize everything I post.

I now see that watching it shows the info about it, and that it is made in New Zealand, and is about how kiwis don't say a hell of a lot when they don't need to.



From the advertising company Saatchi and Saatchi



And this proves that you have to post and annoy people who will then correct you before you can learn the truth as to what the facts are... and commentors are telling me this was a New Zealand advertisement. How the hell I'm supposed to know the difference? No one mentioned.

Now after double checking what there is about it, I see the info about the video says it's New Zealand. 

8 comments:

  1. Is a New Zealand made ad.
    Calling a Kiwi an Australian, is like calling a Canadian....American.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are polilte Americans. See the above photo I added. The Youtube post from the source I saw it on says Australia. Now... how the hell can I tell the difference?

      Delete
    2. Except there are *almost* more Kiwis in Australia than in New Zealand. Can the same be said of Canadians? hmmmm . . . .

      Jesse, kiwis as you have discovered are a sensitive people. Your blog is awesome and given the volume of great material you post you can be forgiven for this minor faux pas. Although the kiwis I'm sure will never forgive you and in a thousand years create a new haka to protest this serious slight against their national pride.

      Delete
    3. Thank you Matt! Good heavens, I shot myself in the foot on this! Since kiwis are rare, and do not travel to California, I've never met one. I have how ever, made this website a shrine to Burt Munro. For nearly 8 years I've posted everything that Burt did, made, innovated, rode, stats on the records he set, featured the museum to him, etc. I think anyone comparing this mistake, to the evident admiration I have for Burt Munro from Invercargill New Zealand will have to give me a pass

      Delete
  2. They're New Zealanders! Another Yank who doesn't think before he writes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See the above photo I just posted. The person who posted this to you tube said it was Australian. How the hell am I supposed to know the difference by watching this video? Well, I say there is no way I can see that this is New Zealand, and not Australia by watching the commercial.

      Delete
  3. It says in the vid that it was a NZ ad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see that now, but I did not watch the video you refer to, I only posted it because it was higher resolution ( I care enough to post the very best) and had seen the video which claims it is an Australian commercial. Just excuse my blunder as sleep deprivation due to dedication to post enough to keep my readers entertained!

      Delete